Characteristics and Specialties
- Ear diagnostics for disorders & conditions;
- Treatment can be administered at any comfortable position;
- Without interference of any daily activities by using non-invasive taping treatment;
- Ideal for mental and psychological conditions;
- Ideal for substance abuse.
Traditional Chinese Medicine believes that illness symptom manifests itself in the body surface and organ representation can be recognized at different parts of the body, especially in the extremities. Auricular Acupuncture (or Ear Acupuncture)is one of the specialized form of therapy where acupuncture points on the outer ear are treated, using either needles, magnet, herbal seeds, or electro stimulator to help relieve many chronic complaints:
- alcohol addiction
- drug addiction
arthritis, asthma, back Pain, colitis, , hay Fever, headaches, hiatus Hernia, indigestion, , migraine, panic attack, premenstrual syndrome, quit smoking, sciatica, shingles, sinusitis, tendonitis, tennis elbow, weight control.
Auricular acupuncture has become increasing popular in the treatment of substance abuse. Research suggests that it is much more likely to successfully withdraw from drug addictions with the help of auricular acupuncture.
Whilst the acupuncture is not a compulsory part of the treatment programmed, our observations lead us to believe that it is extremely helpful. Many of our patients report considerable benefits. It can give immediate relief from cravings and some of our patients report that they experience no withdrawal symptoms at all.
Our clinic data shows that "Five detoxification acupuncture points" protocol is most practical and significant beneficial. The treatment is that five small acupuncture needles are inserted into each ear at specific points:
- Sympathetic point - Promotes the body's release of endorphins which manages toxin related pain, reduce withdraw discomfort.
- Shenmen point - Calms the mind; relieves emotional tensions; reduces mental, stress and improves sleep quality.
- Lung point - Promotes immune function and cleanses toxin retained in the body. Improves breathing and Qi circulation. Aids and accelerates the rate of detoxification process.
- Kidney point - Promotes kidney function. Cleanses kidney damage caused through drug abuse. Strengthens immune system.
- Liver point - Promotes the liver function and digestion function. Repair damages from the metabolize process of the drug abuse. Improves nutrition absorb and strengthens body endurance.
How Does It Work?
Explanations differ as to how auricular acupuncture works. Chinese medicine tells us that by stimulating particular points in your ear, your qi energy (life energy) is cleared of blockages and is free to flow naturally. Western medicine explains that nerves in the ear when stimulated promote an electrochemical response in the brain, releasing neurochemicals such as dopamine and endorphins, which promote feelings of well being. Detox rebalances the brain chemistry altered through drug abuse. Whatever explanation you prefer it really does help. Auricular acupuncture offers no side effects, is non-addictive, reduces anxiety and depression and aids the withdrawal process. Now that has got be worth the slight discomfort of five tiny pins.